Local Governments benefit from clean energy finance program
- Local Government
- Energy efficiency
Program promotes clean energy savings for councils
The CEFC Local Government Finance Program is designed to provide flexible and competitive fixed-rate, long-term finance tailored to the needs of Australian councils.
Local governments across Australia administer a vast network of community centres, libraries, sport and recreation facilities and other public access buildings and the Local Government Finance Program is aimed at helping these organisations make operational savings through upgrading with renewable energy, low emissions and energy efficient technologies.
Key elements of the CEFC Local Government Finance Program include:
- Finance for eligible projects across renewable energy, energy efficiency and low emissions technologies
- Finance can be drawn over three years
- Ability for multiple councils to enter into joint financing agreements for eligible shared projects
- Access to competitive fixed-rate longer-dated senior debt, up to 10 years
- A straightforward approval process with simple loan documentation
National, Victoria, Infrastructure, Local Government, Property, Transport, Energy efficiency